Healthy breakfast bowl with cauliflower and chocolate
Did you look twice at the title of this recipe? I can understand! Cauliflower and chocolate sounds like a weird combination at first. But the taste of this healthy breakfast bowl will convince you. And the vegetables? You’re guaranteed not to taste it!
Time: 0 hrs 10 min
Follow me on social media
Healthy breakfast bowl for those who hate vegetables
By: Gian Sibilia
Are you struggling to eat enough fresh vegetables every day? Or do you just want to eat healthier? If you love chocolate, you should definitely try this awesome and healthy breakfast bowl! It contains only good ingredients, but tastes as delicious as a dessert. At the same time, it also enables you to take in many micronutrients and replenish your vitamin stores with the first meal of the day. The great thing about frozen cauliflower is that it’s low in calories and relatively tasteless. If you puree it with other ingredients, you will no longer be able to taste it. In return, it gives your bowl a creamy consistency. You could also call this bowl cauliflower pudding!
Benefits of Frozen Cauliflower
Cauliflower is not only an all-rounder in hearty dishes. It is also great for people who do not like or tolerate bananas. In shakes, for example, it can be combined very well with dates or another sweetener.
5 benefits of cauliflower:
- Tasteless & reserved
- Creamy consistency with low calorie content
- Easy digestibility
- Rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- In combination with dates a good substitute for banana
What belongs in a healthy breakfast bowl?
To be considered healthy, a meal should be very balanced and contain a wide range of nutrients. This means that on the one hand carbohydrates, proteins and fats should be present in a good ratio, but at the same time vitamins, minerals and roughage should also be present. A great taste should of course also be given, after all we don’t just eat to get full.
This chocolate smoothie bowl with cauliflower meets all the criteria and gives you a good start to the day. I also find the certainty of having optimally nourished my body at breakfast very motivating. In summary, here is an overview of some of the nutrients in this bowl:
- Carbohydrates: They provide you with energy and are your fuel for everything that comes up during the day. Bananas are not only a good supplier of carbs, they also contain a lot of magnesium, potassium and B6 – which is important for protein metabolism, for example. Plus, they have a natural sweetness that pairs great with the frozen cauliflower.
- Proteins: I like to use vegan protein powder in this recipe. On the one hand, it makes it easier for me to cover my protein requirements, but on the other hand, it also brings additional sweetness to the smoothie bowl. Chocolate, vanilla or caramel? Try what you like best! Otherwise, the peanut butter from the topping also provides you with protein.
- Fats: Whether building muscle or losing weight, fat is an essential nutrient that we should never neglect. Healthy fats are important for hormonal balance and numerous vital processes in the body. Of course we shouldn’t overdo it – but nobody needs to be afraid of it either. Peanut butter is a very good source of fat and protein.
- protein 20% 20%
- carbs 50% 50%
- Fats 18% 18%
- calories 28% 28%
Toppings for the healthy smoothie bowl
The best part of a bowl is always the toppings! Here you can get creative and decorate the chocolate smoothie base with anything you like to eat. Whether crunchy or creamy, fruity or chocolaty: there are really endless options that make this cauliflower smoothie the ultimate highlight on the breakfast table. Here are my favorite toppings:
- Crunchy: Sugar-free granola! I love the combination of creamy and crunchy. Of course, homemade is best – feel free to try this recipe
- Creamy: Nut butter is a must for me! Almond, peanut or hazelnut – just pick your favorite here. My homemade vegan chocolate cream goes well with this healthy cauliflower dessert
- Fruity: Fresh fruit should not be missing either. I like to use banana, but you could also use apple, berries, or pear
- Chocolaty: As the icing on the cake, add a few pieces of chocolate to the bowl. Cocoa nibs are also a great idea
Gesunde Frühstücksbowl mit Blumenkohl und Schokolade
- 400 g gefrorener Blumenkohl
- 2 reife Bananen
- 30 g Kakaopulver
- 150 ml Mandelmilch
- 20 g Proteinpulver
- 50 g zuckerfreies Granola
- 1 Banane
- 20 g Erdnussbutter
- 20 g Zartbitterschokolade
- Mandelmilch, Blumenkohl, Banane, Kakaopulver und Proteinpulver in einen Mixer geben und so lange pürieren, bis eine cremige Konsistenz erreicht ist. Am besten nicht zu lange mixen, damit der Smoothie nicht zu flüssig wird.
- Blumenkohl-Schoko-Smoothie auf zwei Schüsseln verteilen und mit Toppings deiner Wahl garnieren. Fertig ist die gesunde Frühstücksbowl mit einer absoluten Geheimzutat!
Don’t miss any more recipes and sign up for my newsletter.