Liquid center pudding oats
What’s better than pudding, overnight oats, porridge or a moist cake? A combination of everything! If you like a sweet breakfast, you’ll love my pudding oats with a liquid core! As always, the recipe is vegan, healthy and high in protein. Have fun with it!a
0 hrs 30 mins
What are pudding oats?
By: Gian Sibilia
Pudding oats are one thing above all: super delicious! There are different recipes and approaches how to prepare them. Basically, it’s a mixture of overnight oats or porridge and pudding. You can either prepare oatmeal with pudding powder, which creates a really delicious consistency – or you can do it with vegan protein powder . The latter is my favorite version as it makes the pudding oats particularly rich in protein, creamy and filling. But my interpretation is even better because it’s sort of a hybrid of multiple recipes: pudding oats, cake with a liquid core, and baked oatmeal ! Doesn’t that sound incredibly good?
Vegan pudding oats: ingredients at a glance
The goal of this recipe: A baked oatmeal with a liquid core. As soon as you pierce the layer of oats with a spoon, you will encounter a protein cream filling – this contrast is so brilliant. To make it work, I would like to go into the most important ingredients and explain why I use them.
1. Oatmeal: The most important ingredient for porridge, oatmeal and my basic pudding oats recipe for you? Oatmeal! I recommend the tender version, as pithy flakes have a bit too much bite. In combination with liquid, tender oat flakes result in a dough-like consistency, which is why they are ideal for vegan and gluten-free recipes. They also contain a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals. This keeps you full for longer and stabilizes blood sugar levels.
2. Vegan Protein Powder : My favorite is the Nutritionplus Vegan Protein Powder. In this recipe I recommend the Salted Caramel variety – it gives a real taste explosion. Protein powder contributes to maintaining and building muscle mass, has a high satiety effect and ensures creamy textures. Plus, it’s already sweetened, so we only need a little bit of maple syrup or erythritol in the recipe.
3. Sweeteners: I never use refined sugar in my recipes. Because it contains a lot of calories, but no nutrients. That’s why I’m proposing two options here. Either, you use maple syrup for a natural and healthy sweetness. Or you can take erythritol, which is not quite as natural, but is practically calorie-free.
4. Banana: Whether banana bread, baked oatmeal or muffins: bananas are simply unbeatable for vegan baking recipes. It is a natural and full-fledged binding agent that also provides a natural sweetness. In addition, the fruit is full of micronutrients, gives you energy, increases your ability to concentrate and is a good filler. Ideal if you choose my pudding oats as a healthy start to the day.
- protein 35% 35%
- carbs 67% 67%
- Fats 24% 24%
- calories 28% 28%
Do the pudding oats work without protein powder?
In this case the answer is yes. Of course, you can omit the protein powder if you prefer. In this recipe, it not only provides the particularly delicious caramel taste, but also makes the filling nice and creamy. If you only used plant-based yoghurt, the result would not be as tasty and the cream would not have the consistency of pudding. Alternatively, you could use vanilla pudding powder – it doesn’t provide any protein and has a different taste.
Recipe: Oats with a liquid core
Pudding Oats mit flüssigem Kern
- 100 g Haferflocken
- 1 Banane
- 220 ml Hafermilch
- 30 g Nussbutter
- 30 g Ahornsirup
- 1 TL Backpulver
- 1 TL Vanille Extrakt
- 1/4 TL Salz
- 120 g Soja Joghurt
- 30 g salted caramel Proteinpulver
- Für dieFüllung den Joghurt mit dem Salted Caramel Proteinpulver im Mixer pürieren, bis eine cremige Konsistenz entsteht. Beiseite stellen. Den Backofen auf 180 °C vorheizen.
- Nun alle Zutaten für das Oatmeal in einen Mixer geben und ebenfalls kurz pürieren. 30 Sekunden sollten ausreichen.
- EtwaDreiviertel der Hafermasse auf zwei Schüsseln verteilen. Nun dieJoghurt-Protein-Füllung auf beide Portionen aufteilen. Mit der übrigenHafermasse abschließen.
- DiePudding Oats für etwa 25 Minuten backen. Aus dem Ofen nehmen und warm genießen!
Don’t miss any more recipes and sign up for my newsletter.