Vegan chocolate cream made from 4 ingredients
Whether on fresh or toasted bread, in porridge or as a snack: You can eat this vegan chocolate spread with almost anything. The perfect sweet spread is made from just four healthy ingredients!
Time: 0 hrs 5 m
Calories: 92 pp
Follow me on social media
Why make vegan chocolate cream yourself?
By: Gian Sibilia
Sure, there are now many vegan Nutella alternatives on the market. But most of them not only contain a lot of sugar and fat. Palm oil is also often used – and that is neither healthy nor good for the environment. Because in order to win it, the rainforest is cleared and many animals lose their habitat. If you ever buy a vegan chocolate cream, be sure to check the list of ingredients and choose a chocolate cream without palm oil. I also find tons of refined sugar or sunflower oil superfluous. That’s why I prefer to make vegan chocolate cream myself and choose wholesome, plant-based and healthy ingredients. So I know exactly what’s in it and can enjoy the spread even more. Another plus: It’s really easy!
Incidentally, Nutriplus has a ready-made Protein Nutella , which I also really like to eat.
You need this for vegan chocolate cream
For a healthy alternative to Nutella, you need hazelnuts, of course – because they make the delicious nutty taste in the cream. In addition, of course, cocoa, after all, the spread should be nice and chocolatey. For that certain something extra, I add some pistachios and ground cardamom to my vegan chocolate cream. This creates a delicious aroma with an oriental touch. I’m sure you will love the combination! Your ingredients at a glance:
- Roasted Hazelnuts: It is important that the nuts are roasted. This gives them a particularly intense aroma. Why shelled hazelnut kernels? Because it makes your vegan chocolate spread really smooth and creamy.
- Pistachios: My interpretation contains pistachios for a particularly delicious taste that you will love. Again, I recommend shelled nuts, but they don’t have to be roasted.
- Cocoa powder: vegan chocolate cream without cocoa? It does not work! Use low-fat cacao powder if you’re looking to save a few calories, or raw cacao for an extra wholesome version.
- Cardamom: This oriental spice gives the whole thing a touch of the exotic. Cardamom is incredibly delicious, especially in combination with pistachios!
Nutritional values for 4 servings
- protein 12% 12%
- carbs 11% 11%
- Fats 17% 17%
- calories 16% 16%
This is how you make vegan chocolate cream without sugar
Although I have nothing against healthy sweeteners like maple syrup, dates or erythritol. In this recipe, we don’t do that at all. Because the four ingredients – hazelnuts, pistachios, cocoa and cardamom – harmonize so incredibly well with each other that no sweetness is necessary. You’ll be amazed at how great a sugar-free chocolate cream can taste! For me it is a perfect alternative to Nutella or other creams that are just calorie bombs. Of course, this spread also brings a lot of energy – but here every calorie is full of nutrients. So you can really snack with a clear conscience and provide your body with valuable nutrients.
The chocolate cream is also perfect for my breakfast recipes.
Vegan chocolate cream: recipe
Fancy the vegan Nutella experiment? I am so curious how you will taste my vegan chocolate cream! It’s that easy:
- 400 g geröstete und geschälte Haselnusskerne
- 50 g Pistazien
- 20 g Kakaopulver
- 1/2 TL Kardamom
- Falls du keine gerösteten und geschälten Nüsse bekommst, führe als ersten diesen Schritt durch. Die Nüsse dazu auf einem Blech im Ofen backen, bis sie zu duften beginnen und leicht Farbe annehmen. Anschließend zwischen einem Geschirrtuch aneinander rubbeln, um die Haut zu entfernen.
- Haselnüsse und Pistazien in einen Food Processor bzw. einen Mixer geben und zu Nussmus verarbeiten. Je nach Gerät kann das unterschiedlich lange dauern.
- Sobald deine Creme entstanden ist, Kakaopulver und Kardamom hinzugeben und gründlich unterrühren.
- Die zuckerfreie Schokocreme in ein steriles Glas füllen und gut verschließen – oder direkt löffeln! Schmeckt köstlich als Porridge-Topping oder Brotaufstrich.
Don’t miss any more recipes and sign up for my newsletter.